Potlucks can stress me out sometimes. Often, I just simply don’t have the time to cook up an elaborate meal to take with me. However, my all-time favorite potluck dish is a light, healthy, and definitely tasty black bean salsa! So delicious!
It is always a hit and its kid-friendly. While my kids prefer to eat this with tortilla chips, it is also delicious served as a “salad” side dish, or in a wrap. Let me know what you think if you try it!
The Most Amazing Black Bean Salsa EVER!
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can mandarin oranges, drained, reserve liquid in separate bowl
1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
2 tablespoons safflower, sunflower, or canola oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons reserved mandarin orange juice
- After draining and rinsing beans, pour into medium bowl.
- Add mandarin oranges, roasted red peppers, and avocado.
- Add chopped cilantro and sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- For the dressing, in a separate bowl, add the oil, balsamic vinegar, and reserved mandarin orange juice. Mix well.
- Add dressing to black bean mixture and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over mixture and serve with tortilla chips, plantain chips, or in a wrap.