I love it. I could eat it every day if my metabolism would let me. Pizza with lots of greens on it, that’s my jam. Almost enough greens to make it a salad. HA! Is that weird? After a visit to Char Pizzeria Napoletana, I have been craving their prosciutto & fig pizza. So, I figured I would try to make my own version.
I have been exploring with making my own cauliflower crust and I have yet to get it down. Pinterest is the ultimate dream killer. I see all these perfect looking homemade crusts and mine have all just crumbled to pieces. SO…I decided to try this frozen cauliflower crust from Trader Joe’s.
Lucky for me, I bought two of them. The first one crumbled when I tried to flip it over. My second try was a success and my new guilty pleasure came to fruition!
Once the crust was done, I drizzled on some olive oil, spread the fig jam, and layered on my toppings.
Back into the oven to broil at 500 degrees for 4 more minutes and that’s all it took!
I topped my masterpiece with fresh arugula and drizzled some balsamic glaze on top and voila!
Prosciutto, Fig, & Arugula Pizza
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @hm_fit_ nutrition if you decide to try it!
- 1 frozen pizza crust (I used Trader Joe's cauliflower pizza crust)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 4 Tablespoons fig jam
- 1 (8 oz.) mozzarella ball, torn into pieces
- Proscuitto, as desired
- 1 cup arugula
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Cook pizza crust according to directions on box.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over crust
- Spread fig jam onto crust
- Add mozzarella, then proscuitto onto crust and broil for 4-5 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with arugula (as desired)
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top
- Obviously, if you want to make your own crust, that is always an option. This recipe is an easy shortcut when using frozen crusts.