If you are looking for a quick and easy, grab and go breakfast, look no further! If you have five minutes to throw some simple ingredients in a jar before you go to bed at night, you will wake up to a nutritious and delicious breakfast waiting for you in your refrigerator!
Meal prep is a HUGE part of my life. There is nothing quite like being able to grab a prepped meal from the refrigerator on a busy day. It makes the entire week run smoother!
While I plan to share my tips and game plan for meal prepping in the near future, today I would like to share one of my favorite meal prep breakfasts! Simple Overnight Oats!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 oz yogurt (I use plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup almond milk (you just need enough to cover all the ingredients)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh fruit
- Add all ingredients (EXCEPT the fresh fruit) to 8 oz. mason jar and mix well, then cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours, preferably overnight.
- In the morning, top your overnight oats with fresh fruit of your choice.
You can choose to eat this cold or heated. It is delicious either way! Of course you can mix and match toppings for your oats. I usually make it with fresh fruit, but there are days when I prefer to mix in golden jumbo raisins and sliced almonds, or banana slices and almond butter. There are so many options!
What better way to have a nutritious breakfast ready to go with so little work!?